Friday 28th - Sunday 30th September 2018
Friday 5th - Sunday 7th October 2018
Friday 12th - Sunday 14th October 2018
Friday 19th - Sunday 21st October 2018
The Narcissus Professional Intensive Course will focus on developing the technical skills and creative confidence to work in a modern, commercial flower shop such as Narcissus, produce a strong portfolio of work and gain the necessary certificate to find work as a professional florist within the flower industry or to further your interest in Floristry, working at a very high, professional standard.
This hands-on, intensive course will run over four 3-day weekends in September and October 2018. All materials, flowers and a professional florist's tool kit will be supplied as well as refreshments throughout the day.
Students will benefit from expert demonstrations, one to one guidance and direct access to our resourceful team, 4 days optional work experience behind the scenes in our School, Shop and Workshop and careers guidance to get you started on your path working with flowers.
The curriculum will include the following topics;
- Essential Basic Theory - From flower conditioning, customer service, seasonality and health and safety.
- The Hand-Tied Bouquet - Spiraling techniques to achieve different looks with a wide range of flowers.
- Corporate Design - Creating a brand-aware look to promote and enhance the image of the client.
- Funeral and Sympathy Flowers - This is a sensitive part of the florists job, we consider this to be a privilege.
- Wedding and Event Floristry - We will cover all aspects of exciting wedding and event floristry. From bridal bouquets, corsages and buttonholes to centerpieces to installing bespoke venue decor.
- Photographing Flowers - A short class with Edinburgh photographer Tom Nolan in order to produce a great portfolio of your work.
The Dates are outlined below and the timings will be 9am - 4pm, with a 45 minute lunch break.
The Full Price of the Narcissus Professional Intensive Course is £2750 with a £690 deposit to book.
"Currently doing the intensive professional course and just love it. Great workshop, well planned programme, fantastic teachers and beautiful flowers" Jenni Hughes